Test Kits Designed
3 Easy Steps
Fertility by the Numbers
90% of infertility issues are able to be resolved by science
Men and women are equally likely to have fertility issues
The average age of first-time mothers
We're on a mission to provide the most accurate at-home fertility tests and personalized results so you can have a family on your own timeline, with less stress, backed by science
Accurate. Proven. Secure.
We use advanced Volumetric Absorptive Micro Sampling (VAMS) technology that has many advantages over dried-blood spot collection cards (like our competitors use).
Because men are 50% of the equation.
We are the first company to specialize in offering at-home fertility tests for men & women. Our service is secure, fast, and easy. Most importantly, your data is always private, and we send personalized results back to you within 3-5 business days.
We're in this together
Receive Actionable Recommendations
(in simple terms)
We’re so much more than just a fertility testing lab. We analyze your results and send you a personalized report with physician-approved recommendations. In your report, we explain each hormone’s function, how your body uses it, what a high or low level could mean for your overall health, and recommendations for how to improve your fertility & health.
Not sure which product is right for you?
Need help choosing the right kit?
If you have any questions about our kits or our testing methods, feel free to use our contact form or chat tool and we will respond as soon as possible!
- The Technology
- We use VAMS technology in our kits, which can give you more accurate results than DBS collection cards.
- Read more about it here.
- The Cost
- We are able to offer our kits at a big discount relative to the cost of performing the same tests at walk-in labs.
- The Customer Service
- As a small business, we are able to offer personalized customer service for every order.
- If you need anything at all, we’re an email (or chat) away!
- The Personalized Results & Recommendations
- Competitors will simply throw numbers at you. We tell you what your results mean for your overall health and give you simple, actionable recommendations for improving your health and fertility. We’ve done the research so you don’t have to!
The primary goal of our test is to help identify anything that might stand in the way of you getting pregnant (and staying pregnant).
Each year, about 7 million people have difficulty getting pregnant. Most of these people have treatable conditions. We provide a product that can help you identify potential problems ahead of time and quickly resolve them.
Your thyroid performs many functions in your body, such as controlling your metabolism and energy levels. What many people don’t know is that issues with your thyroid can indirectly impact ovulation (in women) and sperm production (in men). In many cases, symptoms of thyroid issues can go unnoticed, negatively impacting fertility and making it difficult to get pregnant.
Read more about how your thyroid affects your fertility in our blog.
We’ve tested our kits ourselves, and it’s essentially painless! We compare the feeling to getting a small bug bite. Once you’ve completed the blood collection, you can go on about your day as normal.
Yes! Just because you are not showing (or think you are not showing) symptoms does not mean there is not an underlying health condition that should be addressed.
For example, thyroid conditions impact over 10% of people in the US, but a majority of these cases go undiagnosed because the symptoms are difficult to identify.
Our mission is to empower proactive individuals to take control of their fertility and know their numbers ahead of time.
Our kit can also help diagnose PCOS, evaluate for premature menopause, and diagnose ovulation dysfunction, all of which may or may not show symptoms.
Take our product quiz so we can recommend a kit based on your needs!
It depends on your needs! Our product quiz can help determine which test is right for you.
We can test for these hormones:
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Free Triiodothyronine (FT3)
- Free Thyroxine (FT4)
- Anti-TPO (Thyroperoxidase Antibodies)
- Fertility & Health:
- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
- Free Testosterone
- Bioavailable Testosterone
- Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- Hematocrit & Hemoglobin (H&H)
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone)
- IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor-1)
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
We may not recommend that you have testing done for all of these hormones (based on your symptoms & medical history). Our quiz can identify which hormones you should have tested!
We also sell at-home sperm test kits! Men are just as likely to have fertility issues as women, so it’s important for men to get checked!
At Orchid, our 3 core values are innovation, transparency, and sustainability.
- Innovation – It’s our mission to make the most accurate fertility tests accessible. We also love coming up with new ways to improve the customer’s experience!
- Transparency – there’s nothing worse than ordering a product and having an experience that doesn’t meet your expectations. That’s why we work hard to show you what our tests can and can’t do, show you what the sample collection process looks like, and respond to your questions within 24 hours!
- Sustainability – in a world where consumers are more dependent than ever on online shopping, we believe it’s never been more important for us to commit to sustainability. Some of the ways that we follow through on this mission are:
- Reusing our temperature-regulating packs between shipments.
- Recycling all packaging material once it reaches the lab.
- Shipping from a distributed network, which minimizes the impact on the environment.
Yes! The hormones that we test for are present in men & women. Hormone imbalances can occur in men and women.
We also offer at-home tests for men to test their sperm.
We include physician-approved actionable recommendations in your final lab report – written in simple terms!
When you receive your personalized report, you will notice that we explain each hormone’s function (or sperm characteristic), how your body uses it, and what a high or low level could mean for your overall health.
Our at-home fertility tests are a convenient starting point for evaluating your current health and will give you an indication of what you should do next.
Nope! In a study performed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), there was not a significant difference between results obtained from finger-prick samples vs. a venous blood draw.
Also, our VAMS technology increases the accuracy of our results relative to the collection cards that our competitors use.
- Orchid is 100% compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We encrypt your data so your information is only seen by you.
- Internally, we authorize who can access patients’ health information, and have continual trainings for our employees about how to protect patient health information.
Orchids are a symbol of love, fertility, and thoughtfulness. And we like the sound of it!
World-Class Collection Methods and Certified Results
Our expert lab partners have established target analyte ranges based on hundreds of thousands of patients with and without symptoms both before and during treatment instead of reference ranges (like our competitors use). As a result, these optimal ranges provide more latitude in treatments and have a higher correlation with patient symptoms.